Thread: Available Chapter Not Updating

Pleroma77
posted on
00:41 on 2 December

Has anyone else noted any releases that aren’t updating. I’m looking at two from royalroadl.com that don't seem to be updating. Anyone else having an issue with this site or others?

fake-name
posted on
10:24 on 2 December

I just fiddled with the chapter list trigger system a bit. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Pleroma77
posted on
16:58 on 2 December

Looks like that did the trick. Thanks for all hard work. Love this site.

fake-name
posted on
07:00 on 7 December

Ok, should be fixed better now. I recently spent some time tweaking the spider rate-limiter, and it was throttling some of the royalroadl fetches. It should't limit fetches of the series pages (which generate the chapter updates) now.

Pleroma77
posted on
02:03 on 21 December

Seems to be doing the same thing again :(

fake-name
posted on
06:41 on 22 December

Oh wow, yeah, that's dumb. The update generator was failing because RRL went added series-names to the series pages (and went SSL), and part of the update trigger system was missing the URLs.

I've also been having periodic odd issues with the overall spider system, related to some odd network issues that I've been unable to properly diagnose. I'm going to rewrite the entire network management interface this weekend (I hope) which should resolve that issue (hopefully).

Pleroma77
posted on
07:00 on 22 December

Sorry to give you more work.

fake-name
posted on
04:10 on 23 December

Eh, I'd rather know it's broken then be assuming everything is OK, only to discover things are missing.

Ok, new stuff is doing things. It'll be a few days before I know how durable it actually is.

Pleroma77
posted on
21:02 on 6 April

Looks like updates don’t seem to be appearing again.

fake-name
posted on
01:22 on 7 April

Yep, update agent OOM'ed at about midnight last night. Restarted.

Pleroma77
posted on
01:11 on 8 April

Not sure it’s actually updating...

Pleroma77
posted on
22:48 on 12 August

Think it’s runnin a week or so behind now...

fake-name
posted on
05:47 on 18 August

Should be fixed by https://github.com/fake-name/ReadableWebProxy/commit/179e3019c9c38ca45fc0e9b5668eed784f540c73

Sorry it took me a while.